Github Repo: https://github.com/spiffysparrow/poemist
HOW TO BECOME A DEEP POET:
Let’s be honest, staring at a blank page is pretty much slow torture. I love the results but I never have the time or patience to get started. So I built a solution! An online found poem creator.
The concept is tried and true.
• Take a book page
• Chose words or phases that stand out
• Find your meaning
• Stand back and admire your inner poet
But rather than destroying your books now you can do it online. And then style, save it, share it with fun filters. A lazy man’s version of poetry.Check out some of the poems that have already been written, and then try it for yourself.
THE TECHNICAL SIDE:
• Postgres database used to store Users, Poems, and Likes
• Efficient SQL statements minimize number of database queries to keep load time fast
• Infinite scroll utilizes Kaminari for clean pagination
• Flux architectural pattern used for a clear unidirectional flow of information